Friday, June 5, 2009

Emotional Eating "More Observation"

Today was a rainy miserable day. Breakfast consisted of one large pancake made with rye and millet flour with two large strawberries and two tablespoons of rocky road ice cream with butter and honey.

Emotionally I was rather flat and consumed a reasonable breakfast. My morning was quite busy and went to lunch with a feeling of accomplishment. First, I was going to skip lunch and then realized that it would be about 6:30 pm before dinner so I had a small small piece of chocolate cake and a 1/2 cup of milk.

The afternoon was equally busy and dinner time arrived again with a feeling of accomplishment. I could have made more sausage but instead was very content with one sausage with pepper and onions. As usual I removed most of the bread from the hoagie and was left with mostly the shell full of the sausage, peppers and onions. I also had a beer (average about four beers per month--only drink them when I eat sausage, peppers, and onions, pizza, or lasagna). I felt tired and I observed that emotionally I simply had a good feeling of finishing the day with a slight ache in my back.

I finished dinner with a cup of coffee and a normal size piece of chocolate cake. I noticed how easy it is to feel guilt as I enjoyed it, but on the other hand knew that it there was no consequence to the cake.

I notice a pleasant sense of fullness from a very moderate intake of food during the day for which I'm pleased.

This weekend I'll be attending a family reunion and I have every intention of pigging out. But then I'm open to whatever happens.

Observe your feeling and eating behavior for a day and post it. Remember no judgements one way or the other. If you feel pleased with your behavior that's ok, if you feel displeased, that's ok too.

Want to get a head start on the emotional battle? You can purchase the best book, The Scale Conspiracy, (in e-book form) ever written about emotional eating now for only $14.95.

















No comments: